EMJ is Closed, and Good Riddance!

Elexor Matador Jewelry USED to be one of the best places to go for gorgeous high prim jewels. Today I was doing a round of shopping and was looking for a stunning modifiable choker, and thought of EMJ. I followed the LM I just recently got from the Jewelry Expo, and wound up on a large empty field, where the owner ([redacted former owner of EMJ]) was standing. I walked over to greet him:

  • [15:58] Chloe Cantrell: hello there!
  • [15:58] Chloe Cantrell: am i in the wrong place?
  • [15:58] [redacted former owner of EMJ]: yes
  • [15:58] Chloe Cantrell: your LM sent me here :)
  • [15:59] [redacted former owner of EMJ]: do you see anything?
  • [15:59] Chloe Cantrell: um
  • [15:59] Chloe Cantrell: well obviously not
  • [15:59] Chloe Cantrell: would it be too much trouble to give me the correct LM?
  • [15:59] [redacted former owner of EMJ]: for what>
  • [16:00] Chloe Cantrell: your store
  • [16:00] [redacted former owner of EMJ]: I don't have a store.
  • [16:00] Chloe Cantrell: EMJ jewelry
  • [16:00] [redacted former owner of EMJ]: again, do you see a store?
  • [16:00] [redacted former owner of EMJ]: its gone. I tore it down.
  • [16:01] Chloe Cantrell: is there a reason you are being rude about it? seriously i think i am asking pretty nicely and to be honest i have blogged about your things
  • [16:01] Chloe Cantrell: i mean, no need to offend people who have spent money with you
  • [16:01] Chloe Cantrell: i didnt know you took down your store
  • [16:03] [redacted former owner of EMJ]: Chloe. I don't care. There is no store here.
  • [16:03] Chloe Cantrell: ok but you didnt need to be rude about saying so
  • [16:03] Chloe Cantrell: talking down to someone being perfectly nice to you
  • [16:04] Chloe Cantrell: "do you SEE anything here?"
  • [16:04] Chloe Cantrell: "again do you SEE a store"
  • [16:04] Chloe Cantrell: do you SEE a reason to be a jerk to someone who had no idea and obviously liked your items?
  • [16:04] Chloe Cantrell: NO
  • [16:04] Chloe Cantrell: "so sorry chloe, i shut it down..." or something would have been much more classy and polite. good day
  • [16:04] [redacted former owner of EMJ]: Thanks, mom.
  • [16:05] Chloe Cantrell: im not your mother, OR your child, another reason to not be RUDE
  • [16:05] Chloe Cantrell: i did nothing to you
  • [16:05] Chloe Cantrell: but support your business
  • [16:06] Chloe Cantrell: im sure no one would take kindly to a stranger talking down to them for no reason

With an attitude like that, it's no wonder his business has shut down. Not only have I spent upwards of $1500L per item at his store, I have blogged about it as well, free of charge out of admiration for his work. But when you treat adoring customers like $#!T just because you can no longer make a pretty penny off of them, it is a HUGE turn off. If he reopens his shop, I will not be back. And I encourage you all to save your time and Linden for use elsewhere, with people who will appreciate those who admire their work and help pay their tier.

Shame on you!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

People get hit with something at just the wrong time. Have you never snapped at anyone in RL or SL just because they brought to your attention the one that you were already having trouble dealing with?

My 2L$

Chloe Cantrell said...

That doesn't make it okay. If I have ever snapped at someone and didn't mean to because it wasn't about them, it was about other things they couldn't possibly know of... and they called me out on it, as I did with this person... I HAVE APOLOGIZED and explained that it wasn't about them, I am stressed out about something else and am sorry. He doesn't sound very sorry to me. At all. He straight up "doesn't care", so why should I?

Chaz Longstaff said...

I have to agree with Chloe. In business, it's not about you. If you think it is, you need to find something else to do. If you're having a bad day, reach for a coat hanger and stick it in your mouth to force a smile on your face, and keep coat hanger in until the bad mood goes away ;}