VIP Interview: Natalie Niven of SLInWorldToday.com



Chloe: When did you start on SL and how did you stumble upon it?

Natalie: I rezzed into sl dec 14th 2006 because I read about anshe chung in the rl paper. I thought I could definatly make a million dollars...yeah right lol I havent yet ,But I am having fun still lol

Chloe: Tell us what you do here in SL...
Natalie:
I am the purveyor of LOLs ,I like to write funny stories and I own the fun newspaper slinworldtoday.com. I am also a high maintenance heatbreaker and breaker of the unbreakable

Chloe: How did you get started with that?
Natalie:
It was Jan 07 and I started writing my column "what natalie did next..." at slnewspaper.com but I wanted to do things a bit different from all the other sl media so in july 07 I created slinworldtoday.com.

Chloe: What advice can you give to our readers who are also interested in becoming successful in your field? Were there mistakes you made that they can avoid? Something or things you did *right* that catapulted your success?
Natalie:
I suppose it has a lot to do with what you mean by success.I have the noteriety in certain circles but sl is a big place and I have many friends still to meet. I am not a writer in rl and I wouldnt say I was really good with the commas and stuff but I got famous because of the way I wrote the stories and the way I told the story.Its good to know I make people lol. The media field is a very cut throat bitchy place the only advice I can give is to keep friends close and enamies closer, never give people bricks to throw at you, never throw anyone elses bricks for them, never hurt anyones rl, and never fuck with anyone on the way up cause you will meet them on the way back down. Oh and never believe your own hype this is sl and its fun.

Chloe: Approximately how much $L did it cost for you to start your business, and how long did it take for you to turn a profit?
Natalie:
omg emmm wellll I am here for the laugh my sl doesnt make me money. In this new edition of slinworldtoday I will sell advertising.all monies I make will pay for inworld advertising and whatevers left will pay the contributers to the site. So if ya wanna be a millionaire dont make a newspaper lol.

Chloe: Tell us your favorite...

* clothing designer/shop:
Natalie: Digit Darkes, Armidi, Tesla miles, Artiller, Rock me amadeuas and storm schmooz
* hangout spot:
Natalie: Mens Dance and The Warehouse, anywhere I can have a laugh or anywhere my good friend Kromus is DJing
* place for skins:
Natalie: Adam and eve
* toy or gadget:
Natalie: omg I have so many devious mischievious toys
* coolest/prettiest sim:
Natalie: Mystique Isles and artilleri sim
* place for hair:
Natalie: Sirena
* AO: * any other favorites you want to tell us about:

Chloe: Does your Avi look like the RL you? How is it the same? How is it different? Natalie: Well I tried to make Nat much like me, but I am very tiny in rl and Nat towers above everyone and she has legs that go on forever. lol now ya mention it I am just looking at nat now and I have just checked out my jammies and I reckon she doesnt look like me at all lol .we have the same sense of humour though.

Chloe: How do you feel about romantic relationships in SL? Have you had any of significance? Crossed over to RL at all? Horror stories?
Natalie:
lol omg,well I tend to keep sl and rl seperate I have dated a lot and been married in sl ONCE. Horror stories I am taking that as you meaning stalkers of which I have had a few..I embrace them I think its brill when I get one they arent long unstalking me. I am the unstalkable lol and far to devious for them.

Chloe: Biggest jerk, liar, or psycho you have encountered so far? Do tell!
Natalie:
jeez where do I start ? I have met about a million of them but there is about 3 who stand out in my mind for being liars and jerks. Naming has never been my thing,they know who they are. Psychos, I meet on a daily basis, for some strange reason I have always attracted the crazies of the grid.


Chloe: Do you have a residence here in SL? Do you rent or own?
Natalie:
I have 3 residences, an apartment a ground house and a photostudio and probably some I cant remember. I own them. I have no idea where the apartment is from it was a gift but the house is by the very fabulous Sergio Botha

Chloe: Mind telling us what sim it's on?
Natalie:
Streibs and I cant spell the others lol

Chloe: Where did you get your house? Is it a prefab or did you have it built? If so by who? Mind sharing a pic?
Natalie:
sure




Chloe: Tell us your 3 favorite movies:
Natalie:

  • Monsters Inc
  • dawn of the dead
  • 28 days later

Chloe: Favorite 3 songs on your playlist right now?
Natalie:
  • closer to god -nin
  • up alnight matt- willis
  • gimmie shelter -rolling stones
it changes every day lol

Chloe: We have all heard of drunk dialing... ever been drunk SL-ing?
Natalie:
are you kidding me its the best way to play, I love to log in the next day and see who has muted me or threatened to have me banned.I remember Kinda living in sl with this guy and I logged in to find all my stuff hanging from the palm trees outside my house. for some reason the stuff hadnt went in my inventory and it took me a while to work out it was my stuff. I know I really annoyed him and to this day he still wont tell me what I actually said for him to do it,but I know it must have been brill lol.

Chloe: Funniest thing you've seen so far:
Natalie:
lol I have saw so many things in my sl that have totally cracked me up but the sl orgy rooms and "free sex" hotspots of sl make my day. I got a crowd of naked men one time to show me their mastubation animation lol. Also around halloween we left deformer packs on my ex sl husbands sim and there wasnt a day went by when I didnt see at least 15 people get hit with it. I used to tell them they looked fine on my screen....I suppose that was bad but I couldnt help it.

Chloe: Lamest pick-up line that's been tossed your way:
Natalie: " Come Fallow now with me please, I want to Fook you"

Chloe: To "Mute" or not to "Mute"? What makes you cut someone off like that?
Natalie:
I dont mute anyone, I like to have the last word. I know a lot of people have muted me though.

Chloe: Got anything coming up you want to plug? Any friends whose ventures you want to tell us about? If you have a blog, tel us the URL here!
Natalie:
yes the new edition of slinworldtoday.com is ready and everyone has started to bring their fun to the back office. We are also thinking of having a summer party but just cant decide to have it this summer or next lol.I am also gonna be doing the wurlitzer live voice talk show again so anyone who wants to come just drop me a line and come join the fun.

Chloe: Go ahead and get the last word! Tell us anything you think we should know that I haven't asked... say anything you want, at all here!
Natalie:
I am a whole lotta fun lol


0 comments: